In lesson seven, we will examine the impact of nonverbal communication on Interpersonal Communication. You will need to be familiar with:
- Types of nonverbal communication
- Characteristics of nonverbal communication
- Functions of nonverbal communication
You can learn more about these concepts in Interplay. Read through the information, be familiar with these concepts, then watch episode 106 of Outlander on Starz, or read chapter 12 of Outlander (or both!). You may even want to make notes about the concepts and how they are depicted in the episode.
Then, answer one or more of these questions in the comments below:
- What types of nonverbal communication do you see represented in the episode (body movement, touch, voice, distance, territoriality, time physical attractiveness, clothing, physical environment, etc.)?
- What characteristics of nonverbal communication are present in the episode?
- Explain some of the functions of nonverbal communication from the episode. Give examples.
I look forward to seeing your answers and comments on this lesson.
Thank you for participating!
Our next lesson: The Garrison Commander & Listening