In lesson five, we will examine the impact of emotions on Interpersonal Communication. You will need to be familiar with:
- Physiological changes with emotions
- Nonverbal reactions with emotions
- Influences on emotional expression
- Facilitative and debilitative emotions
- Emotions in the episode
You can learn more about these concepts in Interplay. Read through the information, be familiar with these concepts, then watch episode 104 of Outlander on Starz, or read chapter ten of Outlander (or both!). You may even want to make notes about the concepts and how they are depicted in the episode.
Then, answer one or more of these questions in the comments below:
- What are some of the emotions you saw expressed in the episode?
- What physiological changers do you see in the episode that indicate emotional state?
- What nonverbal reactions are present do to emotional changes?
- What are some of the influences on emotional expression expressed in the episode (culture, gender, social roles, social conventions, emotional contagion, etc.)?
- Are facilitative and/or debilitative emotions present in the episode? Give an example.
I look forward to seeing your answers and comments on this lesson.
Thank you for participating!
Our next lesson: Rent & Language